Frequently Asked Questions
What about corrosion resistance?
- Cerakote has been rigorously tested to over 5, 000 hours of five percent salt spray.
Will the coating hide surface imperfections like scratches, grinding marks, rough casting, rust pitting?
- No, the coating does not hide any imperfections in the substrate. The coating doesn't fill in holes or
pitting in the substrate either. The coatings that are applied are very thin. Even though the coatings are extremely durable and effective, they will
not fix surface imperfections. Imperfections will show through on the finished coated product as well as any
engraving such as serial numbers. If you want a smooth finish, you must clean or smooth out these imperfections
before you send your parts in for coating.
What about clearances?
- Cerakote is normally applied a 1 mil (0.001") thickness. Should your
firearms have tight clearances in specific areas, please let us know so that
we can mask off these areas and not allow a build up.
How do I send my firearm or parts in?
- Please follow all federal laws and shipper's policies when shipping
a firearm to us. Please insure your firearm for its proper
value. Shipping insurance is cheap, firearms are not! If you
have any questions about shipping, please call us first.
We must have a photocopy of your photo ID (Driver's License,
etc.) that shows your address included in the shipment to us.
We will return ship to that address with adult signature
required and the appropriate insurance. Please fill out a
and include it in the shipment as well. If your
are shipping less than a complete firearm, we must also
have a detailed list of parts or we will not be responcible for
Note: ALL incoming firearm shipments MUST have "adult signature required"
so that they are brought in to the shop and not left outside.
What is the turn-around time?
- Our average turnaround time is usually 4 to 8 weeks. This depends on the work we have in house at any one
time. We can give you a better idea of the time frame when we receive your parts.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us at: